> Minutes & Archives > Minutes > BBAC20040811minutes.html

Bedford Bicycle Advisory Committee

(approved 2004 Sept 08)

Aug. 11, 2004

Present: Bob Sawyer, Charlie Webster, Joel Parks, Holly Webster, Ray Ruetenik, and Ralph Hammond

7:35 pm. Minutes of the July meeting were approved.


  1. Bedford Bike Tour - We have no idea of the participation. We are assuming that Bob Evans will have the necessary liability release forms available. Charlie, Holly, Bob S., Joel , Ralph, Lee, and Bob E. will definitely attend beginning at 9:15 for a 9:30 start. Those of us that have them will bring cell phones. Joel will contact Don to see if he can come also. Ray will not only come but will bring his camera for a future story for the newsletter.
  2. MM Bikeway extension - Joel has communicated with Sandra Hackman. The Application is ready to go. Joel will hand it in this week, prior to the CPC meeting Aug. 26. Joel will get the letter for Eric Dilg and make small changes to the application and submit it to Bikes Belong. The main point Eric should make is that it will increase his business.
  3. NGRT - The laying of the track is not finished. There will be no fence. Some feel that it is not needed.
  4. Sidewalk passability - Bob S. will tell Ray where to take some pictures of vines and poison ivy overhanging sidewalks. These are places that the town should clear. Ray will write to editor of the Minuteman which might provide a photographer. Ray suggests that we use four different sites. The town does plan to clear the edges of the MM Bikeway in two weeks time according to Ralph who spoke with the operator of the brush hog.
  5. East-Bedford Industrial area - Tabled.
  6. Transportation Committee - Nothing to report.
  7. Police Accident report - Nothing to report.


  1. The August meeting of Bedford’s Local Cultural Council will be held in the Selectmen’s Meeting Room at Town Hall on Tuesday evening, August 17 at 7:30pm.
  2. Ralph reported for Rotary that they have all the necessary papers and have started construction of the parking lot at the end of the MM extension. How should we acknowledge this? After completion we will send a letter of thanks. After all this has cost the Rotary around two thousand dollars just to transport the stone dust.

Next meeting -- Sept. 8, 2004 , 7:30pm, Town Hall

Meeting adjourned 8:30pm.

Bedford Friends of the Minuteman Bikeway


  1. Bedford Day is Sept. 18, 2004. We will again have the bike coral. We also have a 10’x10’ shade structure that Joel will set up. Ray will try to get a central location for us from the Public Ceremonies committee. The town clerk will know whom he should contact. We will also have shirts to sell. Joel will order and finance the first batch. We will take the vendor's recommendation for breakdown of sizes. We would like yellow shirts with black writing. The back should have "I Traveled", the minuteman logo enclosed in a reflective triangle or border, "The Minuteman Bikeway". The front will have an upper left placement of a "" text and logo.
  2. Bridge Street Path - Ray sent the letter to Mr. Drucker who may have responded, but Ray has been on vacation and has yet to go over the accumulated mail.
  3. Membership - Tabled as Don is not here. We need a membership plan. Ray,and Joel will work together with Don and report at our next meeting. We have no idea if anyone responded to the appeal that went out with the April newsletter.
  4. State Charter - Also tabled as Don is absent, although he assured us at our last meeting that all the appropriate bills have been paid.
  5. Web site - No further suggestions. Thank you Joel.


  1. We need ideas for the next newsletter that should come our two weeks before Bedford Day. Ray will be contacting us for articles. He may be able to use some that did not fit in the last one. Joel suggested and will write an article about expanding the purpose of the Friends.

Meeting adjourned at 9:28pm